We all know the story about Titanic, most of us watched the movie also, but how much do we really know about that event? Let’s test that out with this facts about this incident.
1. If the person that spotted the iceberg, actually saw it just 30 seconds before he did – the entire ship could have missed the iceberg.
2. Alcohol is man’s savior. Charles Joughin, the chief Baker on the RMS Titanic, is known to have survived in the ice-cold water for TWO hours, because he drank bottles of alcohol before the sinking.
3. The Titanic reduced the number of lifeboats from 65 to 20 at the last minute, because they didn’t want to the deck to look cluttered and because they were so confident they would never really need the lifeboats.
4. Edith Rosenbaum sent a message to her secretary hours before the Titanic hit the iceberg, saying she had a premonition that something tragic is going to happen. She survived, maybe because she was mentally prepared.
5. It was almost like fate itself wanted to sink the Titanic. A recent theory is that the moon was very close to earth when the Titanic sank, thus creating huge waves that sent icebergs on the path of the Titanic.
Images source: meaww.com