Are you left handed or know somebody who is? Scientists claim that left handed people are more independent because they constantly have to adapt – almost everything in our world is made for right handed people. Take a look at these interesting facts and tell us what you know!
1. Left Handed People Constitute Between 5% and 10% of World Population
2. Left Handed People Have 300% More Chance to Become Alcoholics!
3. They Use Right Side of the Brain More Than Left
4. They Enter Puberty 4 to 5 Months Later Than Usual
5. They Are Very Good at Baseball and Tennis, and Excellent Swimmers and Boxers – Almost 40% of Best Tennis Players Are Left Handed!
6. Out of Last 7 US Presidents, 4 Were Left Handed
7. Left Handed College Graduates Become 26% Wealthier Compared to Right Handed Ones
8. During Different Times in History, Left Handedness Was Seen As:
Bad habit / mark of the devil / neurosis / rebellion / proneness to crime. But it was also seen as a mark of creativity and music aptitude.
9. The Very Word “Left” Comes from Anglo-Saxon Word “Lyft” Meaning Weak or Tainted
10. Mothers Over 40 Giving Birth for the First Time Have 128% More Chance to Get a Left Handed Child Compared to Mothers in Their 20ies